Gen 3 5.0L Coyote
Gen 3 5.0L Coyote
Share on Social Media
Original Price: $8,500.00
The Ford Performance all-aluminum 2018 5.0L Coyote crate engine is a modern 5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that uses advanced features like Direct and Port Fuel Injection, Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT), high-flow cylinder heads, and heightened compression ratio to deliver 460 horsepower @ 7000 rpm and 420 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4600 rpm (with premium fuel).
- 460 horsepower 420 ft.-lb.+ of torque
- 12.0:1 Compression ratio
- Hypereutectic aluminum pistons
- Sintered steel connecting rods as used on BOSS302 Mustang
- Forged steel crankshaft Aluminum block which features plasma transferred wire arc spray weld liner coating
- Longer, 12 mm head bolts for higher clamp load
- 10 qt capacity oil pan
- Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
- 80 mm single bore “drive by wire”, electronic throttle body with variable runner control
- High-flow aluminum cylinder heads, dual overhead camshaft (DOHC), four valves per cylinder, variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing
- Mustang GT 409 stainless-steel tubular exhaust manifold on the RIGHT SIDE ONLY
- Includes automatic transmission engine harness and flex plate, for engine equipped with manual transmission engine harness and dual-mass flywheel, see M-6007-M50C
- Engine mount bosses and bell housing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines
- Vehicle harness and PCM not included-can be used with Ford Performance M-6017-M50B Control Pack AND aftermarket transmission controller (4R70, 6R80, or similar)
The latest in the Coyote engines, the third generation engine provides even more power and a 7,500 rpm limiter. Ford paired larger intake and exhaust valves with revised camshafts to give 25 more horsepower than the previous generation. A dual-fuel system, direct injection and port fuel systems, allow the engine to have a higher compression ratio than the previous generations and have better power and fuel efficiency.
The Gen 3 Coyote utilizes some advancements to improve performance and make the engine more robust than previous generations. The forged steel cross-plane crankshaft is rebalanced, helping the engine reach the 7,500 rpm limiter. The engine features Particle Transferred Wire Arc cylinder bores which provide improved strength and wear protection and allow for a larger bore. Like the Gen 2 engine, Gen 3 carries over the Sinter forged connecting rods from the BOSS 302 engine.
Ford Performance warrants for 24 months or 24,000 miles / 40,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first subsequent to the original retail purchase, that it will repair or replace, at its option, any Ford Performance engine part that, after inspection, is found to have failed due to a defect in factory supplied material or workmanship. Ford Performance may use new or remanufactured parts for replacement. This limited warranty is valid for the original retail
purchaser and is transferable to subsequent owners. Refer to the Ford Performance Crate Engine Warranty Reference Chart on the following page for specific coverage by Part Number