DINAN HIGH PERFORMANCE DUAL CORE INTERCOOLER – 2016-2018 BMW M2
Air-To-Air - F87
Part number (SKU): D330-0026
Share on Social Media
Original Price: $999.95
With a bigger turbo and more boost to elicit greater power gains, heat becomes a larger issue. More heat, in turn, robs some of the power you just gained. A larger high-performance intercooler combats the heat and those power gains are protected. The Dinan dual core intercooler provides a 278% increase in face area along with an equally impressive increase in volume, substantially reducing the pressure drop to 0.8 psi, as well as providing for more efficient heat exchange and more consistent output power. Dinan’s unique dual-core design allows 2 separate cores to be working in conjunction with one another at all times. This doubling of resources is directly responsible for a 39% improvement in the delta from charge air temperature to ambient temperature (see diagrams). “Cool down” time is also significantly reduced enabling the cars to produce full power under varying driving conditions such as stop and go traffic. This leaves the chances of being susceptible to heat soak nearly a thing of the past.
The system has been engineered to be as direct a replacement as possible to the stock unit, requiring only minor modifications for a clean, factory-like installation. The increased thermal efficiency provided by the Dinan dual core intercooler will also enhance turbocharger reliability in addition to overall power.
- Max gains of 7 HP and 5 lb-ft of torque on a stock car.
- Face area 278% larger than the stock intercooler setup for maximum cooling efficiency to deter heat soak.
- Charge Air Pressure drop: 0.80 PSI (69% improvement over stock)
- Charge Air Temperature drop: 193º F (9% improvement over stock)
- Charge Air Temperature / Ambient Temperature Delta: 25º F @ 6250 RPM (39% improvement over stock)
|Dinan Point Value||2|
|Labor Time (Hours)||4.5|
|Max HP Gain||7|
|Max Torque (lb-ft) Gain||5|
This part is legal for sale and use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, in all 50 states, when used in accordance with the manufacturers application guide because it has a California Air Resources Board (CARB) Executive Order (EO) number.
The following vehicles are considered Emissions Controlled Vehicles:
- 1966 and newer U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer Foreign manufactured vehicle