BLACK MSD LS IGNITION CONTROL
BLACK MSD LS IGNITION CONTROL
Part number (SKU): 60143
Share on Social Media
Original Price: $427.00
As the popularity of GM LS engines continue to grow, so does the demand for a powerful, reliable and easily adaptable ignition system. MSD has answered this demand with an updated and improved version of the popular 6LS box. Whether using a stock crate engine or building a custom powerhouse, the MSD LS Ignition provides the control you need to achieve the performance you want. Dial in the perfect tune for your LS using the easily adjustable preset timing curves or hookup to your computer and program a custom setup with our user friendly MSD View software. New features of the LS Ignition include; high speed data acquisition, an optional coolant temperature sensor input, idle timing control, as well as individual cylinder timing. These features are in addition to the existing programmable step retard, launch retard and RPM rev limiters from its predecessor.
- Fits most LS Engines
- No PC required for basic functionality
- Six preprogrammed timing tables for easy set-up
- Rotary selector switch allows timing changes on the fly
- Nitrous and boost compatible
- High speed data acquisition
- Fully Sealed direct plugin connectors
- Programmable step retard
- Launch and max rev limiters
- Optional coolant temperature sensor input
- Launch retard
- Idle timing control
- Individual cylinder timing
- Compatible with all MSD, Accel and GM LS coils
|Product Type||LS Ignition Control Box|
This product is engineered to facilitate the installation of a later model, emissions friendly engine into a vintage / classic vehicle. Federal guidelines indicate that an engine swap is allowable if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- If there is a reasonable basis for knowing that emissions are not adversely affected as described in EPA Memo 1A
- The resulting vehicle is identical (with regard to all emissions related parts, engine design parameters and engine calibrations) to a certified configuration of the same or newer model year as the vehicle chassis
- The vehicle is a uncontrolled vehicle – Vehicles that were manufactured before emission control regulations took effect are called uncontrolled vehicles. Aftermarket parts regulations and anti-tampering laws do not apply to these vehicles
- An EO legal engine swap kit is utilized (such as a GM EROD)
- The vehicle is being used for Competition Use Only – Racing Use Only Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street
Consumers are responsible for complying with laws prohibiting tampering, and for ensuring that modified vehicles are operated in a manner that complies with applicable laws.
Motor vehicle emissions standards are intended to help achieve and maintain air quality goals that benefit human health and the environment. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the California Air Resources Board, Environment Canada, and other regulatory agencies prohibit the operation of vehicles on public roads that violate applicable emissions standards. The alteration of certified production vehicles to modify, remove, or render inoperable emissions control hardware or software, known as “tampering” is prohibited by the U.S. Clean Air Act and other laws. Tampering with motor vehicles emissions control systems is punishable by substantial monetary penalties.
Holley is committed to performance parts that allow enthusiasts to modify their vehicles and meet emission requirements. The information provided here is intended to provide general guidance of interest to most consumers. This guidance may not apply to all vehicles or all situations. It is up to each consumer to evaluate his or her own situation and take the steps necessary to comply with applicable laws. The websites listed below have more information about regulations and policies pertaining to motor vehicle emissions. You should also check the regulations applicable to your local area.
Leave a Reply